Fiesta Meat Loaf Recipe
MEATLOAF RECIPES INGREDIENTS
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef or pork or a mixture of both
- 3/4 cup dry plain bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 cup tomato-based salsa, divided
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped mild green chilies
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350*F (175*C). In large bowl, combine all ingredients, reserving 1/4 cup salsa; mix well.
2. In ungreased 1 1/2 or 2-quart casserole or 9 x 5-inch loaf pan, shape meat mixture into loaf.
3. Bake for 50 minutes. Remove from oven. Spoon remaining salsa over top of loaf. Return to oven; bake an additional 20 to 30 minutes or until thoroughly cooked in center and meat thermometer registers 160*F (70*C)...enjoy the meatloaf recipe ! Makes 6 servings.