Bacon Mushroom Swiss Meatloaf
Meatloaf Recipe Ingredients
* 12 ounces chopped raw bacon
* 1 small white onion, chopped
* 5 button mushrooms, chopped
* 1 1/2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
* 1 egg
* 1/4 cup evaporated milk
* 6 ounces shredded Swiss cheese, divided
* 1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
Meatloaf Recipe Instructions:
1. First of all preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. And then Place bacon in a skillet and cook over medium heat until the pieces are browned. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of bacon grease. Stir in onions and mushrooms, and cook until soft. Remove from heat.
3. Next In a large bowl, stir together beef, egg, and milk. Stir in the onion and mushrooms. Mix in about 4 ounces of Swiss cheese, and all but 1 tablespoon of bacon. Stir in cornflake crumbs, and mix until well blended. Shape into a loaf, and place in a meatloaf pan.
4. Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour. Drain fat, and sprinkle with remaining cheese and bacon. Return to oven, and bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
Labels: meatloaf recipes