MEATLOAF RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 cup tomato ketchup, divided use
- 2 slices rye bread, torn into small pieces
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider or white distilled vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, 3/4 the amount of ketchup, rye bread, onion, egg, green bell pepper, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, dry mustard, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well.
3. On a greased baking sheet, shape mixture into an oval loaf. Brush remaining ketchup on top, cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake 1 hour. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes, until crust is lightly caramelized. Serve the meatloaf warm. Makes 6 servings...enjoy the meatloaf !